Improve knowledge and competence in mechanical ventilation skills with this self-directed, eLearning course.
How Does This Course Work?
With the high demand for ventilator management in the acute setting due to COVID-19, healthcare professionals may be tasked with managing these complex patients with minimal understanding of mechanical ventilation or ventilators. This self-directed adaptive eLearning course helps health care providers in the acute care setting improve knowledge and competence in mechanical ventilation skills.
The adaptive design of this course focuses on information participants need most:
- Participants can identify their skill level at the beginning of the course
- Course continuously measures participants’ level of knowledge based on knowledge checks and adjusts content to focus on information needed most
Who Should Take This Course?
In-hospital clinicians including Physicians, Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, Physician Assistants, and Nurse Practitioners
What Does This Course Teach?
The course educates participants in
- Respiratory Physiology
- Basic Functions of a Ventilator
- Ventilator Use in Respiratory Failure
- Goals of Care in Respiratory Failure